Monday, September 8, 2008

My First Post!

So, this is my first official post! Hopefully I will be better at keeping up on this than I am keeping up so far in my Psychology class. One chapter containing forty pages of teeny, tiny handwriting?...Come now...(I should probably get used to that, right?). So far college life has been pretty fun and crazy and busy all rolled into one. I currently am working at the M.T.C. Bookstore which has been going really well. It's been a nice change from the temporary job during the summer of having to call strangers and try to coerce them into taking "a short political survey". Usually that didn't go over too well... So, everyday I wake up and walk to work at 7:10 in order to get there at 7:30 and work for four hours. Hopefully it's a busy day, because then it goes by a lot quicker. (I'm also able to get 20% off in the BYU Bookstore because the M.T.C. Bookstore is a part of it! Woohoo!) I've already seen multiple friends from highschool and been able to chat with them for a minute (my supervisor told me that if missionaries try to flirt with me I should say "Isn't there somewhere you need to be?"...I guess that gets the point across). But so far it's been a really fun, uplifting place to work. Then, if it's a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday I speedwalk to my next class at noon. Right now I'm taking Psychology 111 (no good...although the teacher does remind me of the main singer in Colors...Bep? Remember?), Physical Science 100 (the teacher is hilarious and basically just does experiments the entire time - it's awesome), HEPE 129 (basically a college P.E. class, and let's be honest, P.E. has never been my most favorite subject...), Music 101 (So cool! My teacher is the director of the School of Music and the class is really small. It's been really fun...so far), and Book of Mormon 121 (your average religion class). So, things are going pretty well right now. We'll see how things are when midterms come around... :)


My new room (or corner)!

My big summer project - a quilt!


5 comments:

Vicki said...

Very cool! Love you!

Amy said...

So I'm very happy that you've decided to do the blog thing again. Can't wait to see your college adventures!

Wendy said...

Love it. You've totally made good on your end of the bargain! Can't wait to hear more. Lots of luvs your way...

Marleen said...

I had no idea you started one until I found out on Amy's site. Shame on you. Love the quilt though. Can't wait to hear great college stories from you. I hope you post often.

Randi A. said...

Hello there. I've blog-hopped over to your site, so I'm just a total stranger. But that is a darling quilt! Good luck with school. It is a lot of work and it kicks my butt most of the time. ;)